I’ve made green beans a few different ways, such as this one, but my NEW all time favorite (and simple) recipe has to be this one. Everything about this recipe is easy-peasy! For many, the traditional green bean casserole is a Thanksgiving day must-have. But after you taste this recipe, you’ll find yourself enjoying green beans beyond the holidays! Plus, its topped with bacon, and thats a selling point in itself, right?
- 2 lbs of green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 stripes of bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread green beans evenly around a covered cookie sheet.
- Then, separate bacon pieces and put them on top of the green beans.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 30-35 minutes. Stir mixture a few times while cooking, ready when bean tips are golden brown or when tender enough (your preference).