Mmmm, how much do you love farmer’s market berries? Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and blueberries… delish! It is the perfect, light and sweet treat on a hot summer day. Summertime is known for its sunshine, but I can’t get enough of fresh summer produce! You will be amazed how tastier and sweet local berries taste verse store bought berries. Once you try em’, you’ll never want to indulge in anything else.
I’m obsessed with this combination – fresh berries, coconut whipped cream and candied walnuts. I could eat it at breakfast, lunch, or anytime of the day! It is so tasteful, simple to whip up (pun intended) and guests will love absolutely it!
- 2 cups of walnut pieces
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread walnuts evenly out on it.
- Toast walnuts in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the walnuts cool, in a sauce pan on low heat, melt the coconut sugar until it becomes a caramel liquid. Every so often, stir to combine. This should take anywhere from 5-8 minutes.
- Next, combine the walnuts with the sugar liquid and stir until all walnuts are covered.
- Place walnut mixture back on parchment paper and toast for 10 minutes.
- Once done, use a spatula or fork to break the walnuts apart. Sprinkle with salt and set aside to cool.
- You can use this method for any type of nut.