As you know, the Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week was a few weeks ago. If you followed along, you got a taste of all the upcoming Spring trends for 2015. There are so many looks that I’m already falling for, a few I’m not too crazy about and some I’m on the fence with. See below for my round-up of all the above.
- Palm Print: As shown above, I’m all about the palm print as I tend to be a sucker for anything black and white. This print is fun, yet feminine.
- Picnic Plaid: I cannot wait to get a pair of high wasted picnic plaid shorts, or I envision a cute structured button up.
- Fringe: I’m LOVING that fringe was all over the runways. I see everything from fringe dresses, purses, and accessories is necessary for Spring.
- Big Floral Blossoms: Nobody knows a woman’s figure better than Diane von Furstenberg. Her interoperation of big floral blossoms is absolutely everything that encompasses Spring.
- Stripes: Stripes has been my go-to print for some time. See it on the runway just reinforces that it continues to be closet staple.
- Shoulder Cuts (as seen below)
- Bib tops
- Ruffled Bows: To me, there is something very un-chic and really juvenile about ruffled bows. Its like pigtails… if you are over the age of 12, do not wear it.
- Nurse Ratched Dresses: The clean lines and simplicity I love. But the “box look” as see in Chado Ralph Rucci’s line, might be too unstructured for my body. But then again, leave it to Ralph Rucci to make anything look amazing without going too far. Ah, stay tuned.
- Baby Bells: Now… I’m all about the skinny jean. And if you’ve been following the latest news, the skinny jean is on its way out… I know, tragic. But, baby bells? I just don’t know about this one. As seen on Something Navy’s instagram, she’s styling it to a T. My kind of relaxed fit, which I totally adore and would replicate.
What are some of your must-haves for SS 15?