Write a review
- 2 green plantains, peeled
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- With a mandoline slicer, thinly slice your plantains into little spheres.
- In a bowl, mix coconut oil and seasonings with the plantains.
- Then, cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper and place plantain spheres (so none overlap - a little overlap is okay).
- Bake up to 30 minutes, until golden brown. ** You'll want to check on the plantains every so often to make sure they aren't burning.
Personalize your chips to your liking
- add other spices such as onion powder, garlic powder, or cayenne for a little kick!
- No mandoline slicer? No problem. Use a knife to thinly slice the plantains-- just try to get them roughly the same size.
Jamie Danno http://www.jamiedanno.com/