Must-Haves for Your Kitchen, Table-Setting & Ambiance
1. Outdoor lights. Now that the season is finally changing from winter to spring, I can’t wait to have many meals outside. There is nothing better than sitting under the stars with friends and family surrounded by a string of twinkling lights. Set the ambiance with some clear bulbs or lantern style lights, check out my favorites here.
2. Vertical Kitchen Herbs. Recently, I visited my backyard herb garden (yes, I’ve been neglecting it) and discovered my oregano and thyme are still thriving! I couldn’t believe it survived all winter! Herb gardens are the easiest, best way to consistently use fresh ingredients and you don’t have to be an expert gardener to do so. I love the idea of a wall of fresh herbs, as you can see in the vertical garden above. Also, you don’t need a large space either for herbs. You can plant them in single pots on a windowsill or hang on the wall in a sunny spot. *Coming soon on Jamiedanno.com
3. Gold Vases. I love goooolllldd! (In Austin Powers, Goldmember voice) Really though. A fresh bouquet, whether colorful or neutral, combined with the sparkle of a gold vase creates a paramount ambiance of elegance. And you don’t need a huge bouquet to get the job done, single stems of gorgeous roses mixed with fresh herbs from your vertical herb garden 😉 pair perfectly together! You can find some amazing vases antiquing or try a DIY project. *Coming soon on Jamiedanno.com
4. Fun-tools. Why cook in the kitchen if you can’t make it fun? Everything from the food you make to the tools you use should be fun! Doiy Design has a ton of fun and functional kitchen, office and home products. How great is the fixie pizza slicer?
5. Dishes to Love. Even when it isn’t Valentine’s Day aka my favorite holiday (besides Christmas), I am constantly incorporating heart festive items into my daily life. I don’t know what it is, I just don’t think anything is more quaint, cute or complete with out a little love. From cookie cutters, to heart-shaped hot pads, cupcake molds– I’m obsessed. Check out these Heart Shaped Coffee Cups.