Marinate chicken, pour over spaghetti squash, add to morning eggs, use as a dip with celery and carrot sticks or spoon on freshly sliced tomatoes. Pesto’s fresh ingredients and bountiful flavors make it a diverse but simple recipe that transforms any dish. I love to make it in large batches to have on hand for snacks and a quick meal during a busy week.
- 1 bunch of basil leaves, rinsed
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.
- You may also substitute cashews for walnuts, macadamia nuts, or pine nuts.
- Also, get creative and make variations of this pesto by substituting basil for cilantro.