If you have been following, you know I’m not a huge fan of rice. With that said, I get tired of good ol’ “Paleo Cauliflower Rice” and find myself seeking ways to reinvent it. I’m excited to share my coconut rice because not only is this delicious, but it can be applied to more exotic cooking, which I love!
Recently, I made Garlic Lime Prawns and paired it with this rice dish. The chili lime sauce and garlic is a match made in heaven with the shredded coconut. I envision this side pairing well with steak, pineapple kabobs or an indian curry dish.
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- 1 bag of finely shredded, unsweetened coconut ( I like the brand Let's Do... Organic)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, grass-fed butter, or ghee (divided)
- Take head of cauliflower, remove outer leaves, and wash.
- Next, cut in fourths to break apart florets and place in food processor or blender of choice.
- Pulse cauliflower for 1-2 mins. until granule like consistency.
- Take a sauce pan or frying pan with sides and melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil on medium-low heat.
- Once melted, pour cauliflower mixture and empty bag of shredded coconut into pan.
- Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil with cauliflower and shredded coconut. Cover pan for 5-8 mins., stirring periodically until cauliflower is softened.
- Feel free to add in other spices depending on the type of dish you are having. For example, some chili powder or a dash of cayenne for tacos! Also, I love to add fresh herbs like parsley.